Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shomer Shabbos

Today was great. I discovered my new favorite place in Barcelona, next to La Boqueria:

El Parc de L'Espanya Industrial









This park appeals to all my abnormal interests, with its enormous prison like watchtowers, menacing dinosaur-ish slide, [currently] emptied out lake, and.... STREETBALL COURTS. Yes, I said it. There is a place to play basketball in Barcelona. I never thought this day would come.

I played for about four hours and it was so wonderful. Oh, and I played really, really well. Apparently if you don't use it, you don't lose it.

To end my day, I made a tremendous grocery shopping excursion to La Boqueria and the cheap grocery store. I got two kilos (4.5 pounds) of delicious strawberries for only two euro. SWEET DEAL! Not to mention all the rest of my fruits and veggies for a grand total of six euro. That is something I will surely miss in the States.

1 comment:

redstarmama said...

They should film some awesome post-Apocalyptic movie at that park!